FOR SPIRITUAL ASSISTANTS TO THE SFO
Conducted by the
Franciscan Institute of Asia
Our Lady of the Angels Seminary, Novaliches,
October 28-30, 1991
The topics treated were the following. Some have been updated to 2004:
1. The laity in the Church.
2. The third orders in the Church:
(a) The Franciscan Third Order: history and development into the
Secular Franciscan Order.
(b) History of the SFO in the Philippines.
SPIRITUALITY AND CHARISM
1. Secular and Franciscan.
2. Sources of Franciscan spirituality.
3. Key concepts for spirituality in the third millennium:
4. Primary mission to the "domestic Church": the member's
of 1978: history of the text.
Ritual of 1984.
3. General Constitutions of 2000.
4. Statutes: international, national, and regional.
E. SFO: ROLE
1. SFO in the General Constitutions of the four Orders of friars.
2. How to conduct pastoral and fraternal visits.
3. What to do during meetings of the Fraternity and of its Council.
4. Forms of assistance to Fraternities, Councils and members.
5. Support and collaboration among regional and national Assistants.
6. The key role of the Assistant in fostering Franciscan family spirit
among the First, Second and Third Orders, and in promoting existing Franciscan
activities, e.g. Franciscan Youth, Franciscan Missionary Union,
Franciscans International, Franciscan Institute of Asia, Justice and Peace and
Integrity of Creation.
1. Job description of the Spiritual Assistant.
2. Assistant's special role in formation.
3. Relationship between the SFO and the Spiritual Assistant.